Friday, May 22, 2020

NAMES THAT I HAD GIVEN TO MY TOYS OVER TIME

NAMES THAT I HAD GIVEN TO MY TOYS OVER TIME

Sooooooo......I'm bored. Don't mind about the title!!!! Little backstory, I was a child who loved to give my toys some personality. But usually, one thing that i would do first is.....give a name. Ok, i'm pretty sure lots of kids would give their toys personality. I personally think that i was the crazy child in the family. I was particularly obsessed with beanie boos, dolls or anything with a face and body. I'm not going to go into detail yet, so let's begin....

Early years

So, obviously I couldn't give names to my toys when I was one. Or two. Or three. I think when I was about five-ish, I gave my few first names to my toys. Ok, so here's the weird thing. I basically added the letter 'y' to their original object-names. So basically my bear was called 'beary' or my mouse was called 'mousey'. Or my toy car was called 'carry' and my goat was called 'goaty'. At one point i started to give names to the most RANDOM things in the house, like:

Table = Tabley
Chair = Chairy
Floor = Floory

Basically, you ask it, I name it. Oh well. It's not like I called my teddy bear fridge! Oh wait. That actually would have been pretty cool.

6-9

So....I had continued the whole 'y' fiasco until I was in first grade. We had a lesson about adjectives. You know like, 'fluffy' or 'tall' or 'spiky'. So, when I got home, I started re-naming some of my toys based on their looks or textures. So, my mouse would be called 'tiny' or my giraffe woud be called 'tall'. I mean, it's an improvement! Meh. Could be better, but meh. Sorry if i've dissappointed any 6-9 year olds.

10-Now

Well, thannks to the real world of decently-named people, I had learned names like, Lily, Jessie or Brad. And I may or may not have used my friends names for inspiration. I maybe would have learned decent names when I was nine, but I wasn't used to change of names for my toys. I don't play with toys nowadays, but if I was given a stuffed animal, I would probably give it a decent name like, Tracy. I might not be able to give the most unique name in the world, because of school and all that, but I would give it a pretty decent name (and not just add a 'y' to it!) I wonder what names I will give my toys later on...

No comments:

Post a Comment